Friday, October 3, 2008

Iman Morales and Lt. Michael Pigot

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the police seem to be using tasers more often than they used to? I'm not talking about during a very volatile situation in which it's life or death. I understand that police officers have to look out for themselves as well as the suspect and that they also have to make split second decisions. I understand that. What I don't understand is using tasers when they are not needed or too soon, as was this case. If the officers had waited until the inflatable cushion arrived, everything might have gone differently. Instead, not only is a civilian dead but an officer as well. The civilian because the police did not wait and the officer because he was so overwhelmed with guilt he felt it necessary to put a 9 mm Glock to his head and blow his brains out. Two tragedies that could have been avoided if only.....sigh. So very, very sad.

My heart goes out to not only these two men who lost their lives but the families they left behind.

No comments: